FALLING DOWN SYNDROME (FDS) or REVERSE-MASLOW TRIANGLE (RMT)
1. Life’s Dreams vs. The Grind. Has the latter taken over?
2. What are you capable of? As much as you initially thought? And how do others’ thoughts/wishes impinge upon your own?
3. A sense that you relate to fewer and fewer people and no longer recognise that around you, particularly the world view and common standards.
4. Don’t wish to ‘go back’ and retrain or feel humiliated, but can’t enjoy the comfort of retirement as it is still on the horizon (and may actually never be reached).
5. Fleeting thoughts of depression, desperation, despondency and lack of direction.
(c) Jeff Weston 14.3.2017 – originally named ‘Too Much Responsibility Syndrome‘ (TMRS)